Data extraction reports are generated as a .csv file in a zip archive. To generate a report, follow the instructions for the type of report you want:
- expense data
- mileage data
- per diem data
- invoice data
- expense audit data
- trip audit data
- receipt data
- cash advance data
- user profile data
- login session data
The .csv file uses semicolons (;) as separators. For greater readability, you can transform the file to a tabular format, such as an Excel spreadsheet. Use column names to map your data to an external system, to minimise the effect of future changes.
To transform the file as an Excel spreadsheet:
- In Excel, create a new blank workbook.
- Select Data > From Text/CSV.
- Locate the .csv file that you saved earlier and select its name.
- In the preview window:
- Under File Origin, make sure that Unicode (UTF-8) is selected.
- Under Delimiter, make sure that Semicolon is selected.
- Click Load to load the data into Excel.
- Save the data as an Excel workbook.