If you have the Approver role, your Home tab includes a section notifying you of any pending approvals that you need to process.
You also receive an email informing you that action is required from you to approve the request.
To approve a trip:
- Do one of the following:
- In the email, click the View Details or View Travel Approval link.
- Click the notification on the Home tab, or select your Approvals tab, and select the corresponding trip or travel request on the Approvals tab.
- When the trip details are displayed, scroll to the bottom.
- (Optional) Select the Receive a confirmation email check box to send an email to the traveller and yourself to confirm your approval or rejection of the request.
- (Optional) Add a Message to the traveller to explain the reason for your decision.
- Select one of the options to approve, require modification of, or deny the request.
The options have the following effects:
|Approve this request||Approves the request: the service reservations are confirmed, and payment is made for any services requiring a guarantee or full payment in advance (with the exception of services requiring payment at the time of booking, such as those for low-cost carriers).|
|Require the modification
of this request
|Emails the traveller to inform them that the request needs to be changed before it can be approved.|
|Deny and cancel this request||Rejects the entire request, cancels its bookings and informs the traveller that the request has been declined.|