On the Home tab or the Plan a Trip tab, click the Create a travel request option. (If you don't see this option, it means that this feature is not activated at your site, so you make your own selections and reservations in the Travel tool.)
On the next screen, you can start to add the various items that you want the travel agency to organise for you. By default, the Flights option is displayed first, but you can choose a different option from the sidebar on the left:
When you've completed the details for the first service, click Add to my selection. Doing so displays the requested service on the Plan a Trip tab.
From here, the sequence of events goes like this:
- You add further services (flights, trains, hotels, rental cars or visa requests) as required - see Adding Services to a Travel Request.
- You confirm the details of the request - see Confirming Your Requirements for a Travel Request.
- You send your request to the travel agency - see Sending Your Request to the Travel Agency.
- The travel agency sends a proposal, typically with one or two alternatives, and you choose one of them - see Reviewing a Proposal from the Travel Agency.
- The travel agency books your choice, and the trip proceeds through the normal approval process.