If the cost allocation feature is enabled at your site, the Add an Expense screen has a Next button instead of Save. Clicking Next displays a form with the default cost allocations.
You can add or remove cost objects and adjust the allocations, or leave the default allocations unchanged.
To add an expense item when cost allocation is enabled:
- After creating the report, click Add an expense to create the first expense item.
- Select an expense type from the list that is displayed.
- Fill in the Add an Expense form and click Next. The form changes to show the default cost allocations for this item. To adjust the allocations, type the new figure in the allocation field and select whether it is an amount or a percentage.
- When the allocations are correct, click Save to display the expense line in the report. Click show details to see a summary of the expense item details, including the cost allocations.
- To add more expense lines to the report, click Add an expense and repeat the process.
- When the expense report is complete, click Submit to send it for approval.
- Choosing the Expense Type
- Completing the Expense Form
- Claiming a Daily Allowance
- Per Diem Allowances
- Adding Expenses from a Credit Card Statement
- Policy Compliance
- Identifying Expenses Incurred on a Weekend
- Entering VAT Amounts
- Splitting an Expense Item
- Duplicating an Expense Item
- Identifying Duplicate Expense Items