Some companies allow you to claim a daily subsistence allowance to cover the cost of meals and lodging during your trip.
For travel to certain countries, you may be required to claim a statutory "per diem" allowance instead of a daily allowance, depending on the configuration at your site. If this is the case, see Per Diem Allowances.
The expense form for a daily allowance looks like this:
You enter the start and finish dates and times of the trip, and the Expense tool takes care of the calculations.
To claim a daily allowance:
- On your expense report, click Add an expense.
- Scroll down and click Daily allowance.
- Complete the Add an expense form, entering the location and the start and end dates and times of the trip.
- Click Next.
- Complete the cost allocation details if required.
- Click Save.
- Choosing the Expense Type
- Completing the Expense Form
- Per Diem Allowances
- Adding Expense Items with Cost Allocation
- Adding Expenses from a Credit Card Statement
- Policy Compliance
- Identifying Expenses Incurred on a Weekend
- Entering VAT Amounts
- Splitting an Expense Item
- Duplicating an Expense Item
- Identifying Duplicate Expense Items