If you have rights to approve items such as travel requests, expense reports or cash advance requests, you can delegate these rights to a colleague while you are out of the office.
Doing so ensures that requests are still approved if you are absent for a period of time, such as a holiday or an extended overseas trip.
If you have approval rights, you see the option Out of office assistant under Security and Rights on your My Profile tab.
To delegate your approval rights:
- Click the Out of office assistant option on your My Profile tab.
- Click the designate a delegated approver option at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Search by field, select Last Name or First Name, enter your colleague's name and click Search.
- Click Select next to the name of the colleague you are designating.
- On the Out of Office Assistant form, click Save changes.
Be sure to set your out-of-office status before your period of absence. To do so:
- On the Out of Office Assistant form, click I am out of the office.
- Click Save changes.
When you return and you want to cancel the approval delegation, click the icon next to the person's name, then click OK.