If the system administrator has granted you the right to submit expenses on behalf of colleagues, you can create, edit and submit an expense report for another user. This right can be given, for example, to a personal assistant who creates expense reports for a manager, director or other senior employee.
If you have this right, when you create an expense report you see a choice of beneficiaries when you select the list in the first field. In this example, James Smith can create a report either for himself, or for Mary Brown:
If he creates the report for Mary Brown, the report appears on the Home tab under Colleagues' Expense Reports instead of My last Expense Reports:
To create an expense report on behalf of someone else:
- From the Home tab or the Create an Expense Report tab, click New Expense Report.
- In the first field of the Create an Expense Report form, select your name to see the list of people for whom you can create a report.
- Select the name of the person for whom you are creating the report.
- Complete any mandatory fields on the form and click Create.
From here, you can:
- add the expense items - see Completing an Expense Report
- delete the entire report by clicking the icon at the top of the display
- submit the report for approval - see Submitting an Expense Report
Once you have created the report, you can also access it for editing, deletion or submission by clicking its name in the Colleagues' Expense Reports list on your Home tab.