When you enter or edit an expense item, the Expense tool checks whether a similar expense item has already been entered in your previous expense reports.
If a previous expense item exists with the same date, expense type and amount, the current item is displayed with a notification.
Click the report identifier in the message to open the other expense report, then check and correct the error where necessary.
Approvers and accountants see the same message in submitted expense reports, enabling them to check for and avoid mistakes or possible fraud.
The check is not performed for per diem and mileage expense types.
- Choosing the Expense Type
- Completing the Expense Form
- Claiming a Daily Allowance
- Per Diem Allowances
- Adding Expense Items with Cost Allocation
- Adding Expenses from a Credit Card Statement
- Policy Compliance
- Identifying Expenses Incurred on a Weekend
- Entering VAT Amounts
- Splitting an Expense Item
- Duplicating an Expense Item