For each invoice, the service items can be associated with a set of custom fields, which are used to categorise the item costs (for example, by business unit or project code).
When an invoice is reconciled, any custom fields associated with the corresponding trip are copied to the invoice, provided that the custom fields set up in the Travel module are also set up in the Invoice module.
Invoice custom fields are set up by the system administrator. For more information, see the Administration Guide, available from Customer Support.
For each service item on an invoice, the Status column indicates the cost allocation status.
One of the following (move the mouse pointer over the icon to see which one applies):
Cost allocation not completed: see below.
Where cost allocation is possible or required, selecting the icon displays a window where you can select the trip purpose and allocate the item cost to the categories defined by the custom fields, for example:
To perform cost allocation for an invoice item:
- Select the (Invoice) icon at the top of the screen.
- From the Invoices pending processing list, select the invoice for which you want to perform cost allocation. (Tip: In the list, select the first one with a icon, then use the > control at the top to sequence through the invoices. Those for which cost allocation still needs to be completed have a icon in the Status column.)
- In the Status column of the selected invoice, select the icon shown in the preceding table.
- In the Cost Allocation window:
- If there is a Purpose field, select the trip purpose or leave the default setting.
- Fill in the custom fields with the relevant information, or select an option from the drop-down lists. The * character indicates a mandatory field.
- Select Save.